Thursday, July 3, 2008

One more post!

We're headed on vacation tomorrow, to the beach. No, we won't be taking any animals with us. :-) The kitties will stay home and hold down the fort. A friend will be coming by every day to feed and snuggle with them.

This is the fourth time we've left them so far this summer, and I don't think they are big fans of it. We keep coming home to find, er, presents that we'd really rather not find. They seem to think that the carpet in front of the sink in the bathroom is an excellent choice that far exceeds the litter box. Sigh. Who carpets a bathroom, anyways???

Last time we almost ran out of cat food and didn't get a chance to buy more, so today I ran to Petsmart to make sure to have lots of extra. I was glad the kind I buy was on sale. So we should be all set. I just need to make sure to leave extra water - I forgot about that last time too.

For cat-sitting, we've worked out a good deal with a fellow cat-loving friend of mine. She has two cats and so we take care of each other's cats whenever we need it. That way, I don't have to worry about paying for a cat sitter, and neither does she. I used to make up a whole sheet of detailed info about how to feed my cats and vet info, but my friend is so used to it now that she doesn't need it. It's always good to provide a pet sitter with that kind of information, though.

Well I am off to bed and on to fun and adventure tomorrow! It should be tons of fun. I hope everyone has a great 4th of July!

No comments: