Welcome to Two Kitties and a Puppy! Thanks for stopping by to visit our part of the internet here. Feel free to browse around my archives! And continue reading to take part of the first 2008 Bloggy Giveaway (hosted by Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer).
I am giving away two books here, so that means TWO winners!! To enter for a chance to win one of these books, just leave a comment and let me know which book you'd like. I will close the comments on Saturday, February 2nd and will announce the winners on this blog shortly thereafter. Be sure to check back on Saturday evening to see if you won!
Now about the two items up for grab. The first item is in new condition, and the second is in very good condition (having been lightly read a few times).
The Humane Society of the United States Complete Guide to Cat Care
This is the best cat care guide book that I have read. It's chock full of great information about meeting the needs of your cat. I also like that it's written by a non-profit organization so it doesn't try to convince you that you need all these products for your cat. This book covers topic such as:
- Myths vs. facts about cats
- Getting ready for your new cat and the first days home
- Giving your cat an enriching lifestyle
- Cat behavior
- Cats and children
- Handling and socialization
- Choosing a veterinarian
- Food and feeding
- Feline health: observation and action
- Emergencies and life changes
- Humane activist: be an everyday activist for cats
Maran Illustrated Puppies
I bought this book when we got our first puppy. I thought it was a pretty good basic overview for taking care of a new puppy. It is full of illustrations and images, so you can easily follow what the book is saying. It's great for the first time puppy owner! This book covers a wide range of puppy topics such as:
- Picking out and preparing for your new puppy
- The first week
- Puppies and kids
- Puppy care and development
- Basic training commands, games, and tricks
- Preventing problem behaviors
- Keeping your puppy healthy
For more fun things that are being given away, click here.