Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Missing Jera

Paul and Jera

As the summer winds up, my husband and I have started camping again. This summer, however, a member of our family isn't along. It's the first time we've been camping without Jera and I must admit I have been so sad. She was always such a joy to have along, and I really feel as if something is missing. When we pass dogs on the trails, I get a pang in my heart. I'm really not that much of a dog person, but I think Jera was really special.

This July will mark a year since she ran away after our last camping trip with her. I can't believe it's been so long, but at the same time I feel like she is a fading memory.

If we ever get another beagle - and I hope we do, someday, when we have a yard and can give the dog everything he or she needs - I look forward to resuming camping with a dog. In the meantime, we'll continue to go on our own and I'll try not to be too sad! :-)

Related:
Camping with a puppy
Dear Jera (Jera's story)

This post brought to you by clinical laboratory service

No comments: