Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happy birthday, Zoey!

Happy first birthday, Zoey! What a big girl you're getting to be! I hope you get the present I sent you. I sent a cute little card that wished you hugs and cuddles on your special day (seemed appropriate, huh?), and I stuck a plush squeaky bone and a package of your favorite treats in with the card. I hope you know how much I love you and miss you. I think about you a lot, especially today. I hope you don't think I abandoned you, because I didn't. It was hard, but I think it was for the best. I hope it was harder for me than you. You're probably having the time of your life with your new owners and their kids and their huge yard. I know you're happier where you are, and that thought makes me more at peace with the fact that we found new owners for you. I always wanted the best for you, Zoey, and don't forget that! Maybe someday we'll be able to come see you again, but even if we are never able to do that I want you to know that I won't forget you. I am excited that you're one year old now and you're growing so big and strong! I'll always think of you as my little puppy, though. :-)

Your first "mommy",
Ashley

Zoey

This post brought to you by term life insurance

No comments: