Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Best in show!

I had three people email me today about the Westminster Kennel Club dog show. I was really excited to hear that Uno, a 15 inch beagle, won best in show! I wish I could have watched it. Maybe I'll get the DVD so I can watch it too.

Beth sent me an article about it:
Uno got right into the act, jumping up on handler Aaron Wilkerson and confirming his other title: noisiest in show. Years from now, he'll be known for the "ah-roo" heard 'round the ring.

"He's a people's dog, a merry little hound," Wilkerson said...

Uno celebrated by chewing on the microphones of reporters who tried to interview his winning crew. Those had to suffice for the yellow, soft duck that's his favorite toy.

I love beagles. :-) Congrats to Uno! As for a succession plan, a dog expert said, "If he [Uno] wins best in show, I'll rent him an apartment in New York City because I'll be traveling with him all year, so many people will want to see him." I guess Uno is going to be living a celebrity's life. :-)

Check out some great pictures of Uno and other show dogs here.

No comments: