Monday, March 3, 2008

Follow-up: cat food

A little over a month ago, I wrote a post about what to feed your cat. I wrote that when reading an ingredients label, you should make sure that the first ingredient was meat. I included an example of the food we fed our cats, which read "Chicken By-Product Meal".

Later I read something (not sure where it is now) which said that market research shows that "Chicken By-Product" doesn't really count. I suspected as much, so last time I went to the store I took some time to look through all the different brands and select the best one. We finally decided on Eukanuba's Lamb and Rice Formula. I mixed it with their old food and so far they seem to like it! We'll see if it makes a difference after they are on 100% of the Eukanuba.



Check out all the meats on the ingredients label of this brand!


I hope Lewis and Ebony realize how spoiled they are. :-)

No comments: