Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fishy fishy

My husband sent me this link today. It's a how-to for knitting cute little fish!



I don't know how to knit, but I wish I did! These would make awesome cat toys! You just stuff them with a little catnip and kitties would go nuts! And it seems like a great thing to do with extra yarn. (I'm assuming. Since I don't know how to knit, I don't actually know if that's a problem - leftover yarn in weird colors.)

I sent the link to my mom, who DOES know how to knit, and she offered to teach me so that I could make these. She told me that Lewis and Ebony would love the process of me knitting - chasing the yarn as I try to stitch. (Hmmm...)

I have too many projects on my plate to add knitting to them, so I'll just hold out for someone else to start making the fishies. They sure are cute, aren't they?

2 comments:

Maria said...

Cute fishies! I am learning how to knit, and our little cat Maggie LOVES to try to take the yarn from me. (Of course, cats should never be allowed to play with yarn alone.)

ashley said...

I have some knitted cat toys, and my cats do fine with them. BUT, as you caution, the minute they start to unravel I have to take them away. Even though my cats love string, I can't leave it around or they will swallow it. :-(