Thursday, February 26, 2009

Here, Kitty Kitty!

One thing I like to do with my free time is to make cards. I see it as designing with my hands. I've always loved putting elements (colors, shapes, patterns) together to create something fun, creative, beautiful. I also love sending out cards, so it's a way to combine the two! I don't get to do it nearly enough - mostly out of laziness, not wanting to pull out all the supplies and put them all back again so we can eat dinner. :-)

I am slowly building up my stamp collection, scouting stores for sets and custom rubber stamps.
I was really excited to get a set called "Here, Kitty Kitty!" I love it! It has two kitties (one jumping), a ball of yarn, a wind-up mouse, a birthday hat, and the words "Happy birthday from the cat". How perfect is that?? Of course, I don't have very many friends who would appreciate birthday cards from the cat. :-) But I was able to make a card for my mom for her birthday last November:



I was excited with how it turned out, though I thought it might have looked better without the wind-up mousies in the background. I'm looking forward to all the creative ways to use the stamps! And perhaps I'll add some other cat stamps to my collection, and some Beagle stamps if I'm able to find them! ;-)

1 comment:

Beth said...

I know I would love a birthday card from your cats. I miss pulling Lewis's tail and watching him plop over. Oh, and I miss you too! :-)