Monday, October 29, 2007

Things Remembered

This weekend, Paul and I stopped in the store Things Remembered to pick up a birthday gift for my grandfather. It's a really cool store, with things from personalized pens to engraved keepsake boxes to custom blankets. Almost everything in their store is engravable.

While I was browsing, I was looking at ornaments for this Christmas. I saw a really cute one of a doghouse, which read "Dogs Leave Paw Prints On Your Heart". It opened up and you could put a picture inside.

They made me think of the ornaments I used to make for my cats. Here are three of them that were up on my Christmas tree last year:
I made them in 1993, 1994, and 1995 for my first kitty, Misty. I like how they get progressively more complicated as I got older! (Those ages would be almost 11, 12, and 13. I say "almost" because my birthday is the day after Christmas.)

Perhaps this year I'll get some ornaments for my current pets. That would be a fun addition to our tree!

No comments: